Maryland has a rich mining history — coal in the Appalachian counties to the west, aggregates and sand throughout the Central and Eastern Shore counties and blue stone in the north and northeast. The lawyers at Rich & Henderson, P.C., have actively represented mining companies on these issues for decades throughout the state. Our experience includes:
- Local zoning approvals, such as special exception proceedings;
- State permitting approvals;
- Mine safety enforcement defense;
- Defending permit and operational challenges;
- Mine expansions;
- Sinkholes and karst terrain;
- Closure and reclamation;
- Marketing and sale of mining facilities;
- State and local enforcement matters.
Contact attorneys Tim Henderson or Peter Hershey for an initial consultation. Reach our Annapolis office by calling 1-800-407-0250.