Peter C. Hershey
Location: Annapolis, MD
Peter Hershey practices in the areas of environmental, natural and cultural resources, land use, criminal, construction, maritime, procurement, and commercial law. He advises clients on a wide range of environmental, commercial, marine/maritime and other laws and regulations and is active in the firm’s trial and appellate litigation practice.
Prior to joining Rich & Henderson, Peter served as a judicial law clerk and senior judicial law clerk to the Honorable Christopher B. Kehoe, Maryland Court of Special Appeals, and as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Broughton M. Earnest, County Administrative Judge for the Talbot County Circuit Court.
Peter received a B.A. in History from the College of William and Mary in Virginia, and a J.D. from the William and Mary Marshall-Wythe School of Law. While in law school, he served as a member of William and Mary’s Environmental Law and Policy Review and as a legal intern for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office of General Counsel for International Law. While an undergrad, Peter served as a co-op for the Department of Defense. He is admitted to practice law in Maryland, the U.S. District Court for Maryland, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Areas Of Practice
- Natural and Cultural Resources
- Admiralty and Maritime
- Government Contracts/Procurement
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- William and Mary School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 2011
- College of William and Mary in Virginia
- B.A. - 2008
- Major: History
Past Employment Positions
- Law clerk to the Honorable Broughton M. Earnest, County Administrative Judge for the Circuit Court for Talbot County
- Law clerk and senior law clerk to the Honorable Christopher B. Kehoe, Maryland Court of Special Appeals