Attorneys Who Understand Complex Maritime And Marine Law Cases
Attorneys at Rich & Henderson, P.C., have vast experience in maritime and marine environmental law, including with issues related to the Chesapeake Bay.
We have been providing personalized representation to everyone we represent since 1993. It is our mission to provide premium representation at a reasonable price. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal and litigation experience. This includes trying maritime, marine law cases and environmental law issues in federal and state courts.
The Sorts Of Maritime And Marine Law Cases We Handle
Our attorneys have experience handling issues involving, among other areas:
- Riparian rights and waterfront access
- Marine insurance and marine casualties
- Commercial and community-owned marinas
- Aquaculture leases and oyster cultivation
- Island creation and restoration
- Tidal wetlands’ licenses, approvals, and restoration
- Dredging licenses and the placement of dredge spoils
- Pier construction, maintenance, and refurbishment
- Lease and purchase of marine ports/terminals and boat slips
- Boat purchase, rental, repair, and refurbishment
- Shoreline protection, including revetment, bulkheads, riprap, breakwaters, beach prisms, living shorelines, and other erosion control mechanisms
- Variances and other approvals for development in the Critical Area
- Spills and other contamination of the marine environment
- Civil and criminal enforcement of natural resources and other marine environmental laws brought by various governmental agencies
Experience Trying Cases In Every Sort Of Jurisdiction
Our attorneys have argued environmental law cases and maritime and marine-related issues before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, United States District Court for the District of Maryland, the Maryland Court of Appeals and Court of Special Appeals, and the Maryland Board of Public Works, as well as various circuit courts and administrative bodies throughout Maryland. Our attorneys have also published maritime and marine-related articles in law reviews and other legal publications.
Contact Our Experienced Lawyers Today
For more information about our maritime and marine environmental law practice, please contact Rich & Henderson, P.C., at 410-267-5900 or toll free at 1-410-417-7778 to schedule a consultation. We have offices in Easton and Annapolis, Maryland.